Friday, September 08, 2006

Twilight

Between the light of day and the dark of night
In the place where dreams wake and take flight
Where the Tallows wander and the Jithrod rides
Where Ferries fly and the Withersnails abide.

In the place between wake and sleep
Where time stands still and the dusk lies deep
When eyes are tired from day’s long travels
And a weaver’s tale by fire unravels.

Where fire on the horizon burns
And passion in my heart does churn
Where daylight breaks the still of night
And angels wings spread wide their might.

This is the place where you are in my heart
In a day of dreams that never gets dark
Where I feel your kiss in the gentle breeze
Your breath softly rushing through the trees.

I long for you in the darkness deep
When my body is spent and cries for sleep
Since I saw you last long days have gone
I sit in the darkness and wait for the dawn.
©2005 Arwen North

1 comment:

Weekend Fisher said...

I like that. Leaves me feeling very peaceful.