Saturday, September 09, 2006

Soul Mates

Soul mates were not created in this world where we hide our hearts behind scars and wounds. So many people go through their whole life never knowing what we know. They search the ends of the earth because somewhere deep inside they feel like their soul mate has to be out there somewhere. It is ironic that the masks people wear to protect themselves are the very masks that will prevent them from recognizing each other. Soul mates aren't a part of this world... they exist in a place beyond earth; where chains can no longer bind, and sin no longer holds us captive, where skin color and geographical locations are not barriers. There shall we see what God truly has in store... Mufasa, what has happened with us doesn't happen with many people on earth. To catch a glimpse of heaven in another person is a phenomenon far deeper than what this world can hold. We belong to each other; we belong together.

I wrote this a few years ago, for the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. It seems ideolistic now... and I have to wonder if soul mates really do exist at all. Perhaps it is only the sin and temptation in this world that prevent us from seeing them... or perhaps we see them, and are tempted until we deviate from the path. I'd like to believe that someday, somewhere there will be someone who will be as safe for me as I am for him... revelations for another day... until then I guess I'm left to wonder if the innocence that wrote this back then, is really only a lack of reality... perhaps I am merely disillusioned. E

No comments: