Sunday, June 03, 2007

This one Takes the Prize

I sat next to another mom yesterday as I was watching my kids at their activities... this mom had a baby who was about 3 months old. After exchanging conversation over growth rates, shoe sizes and eating habits as most mothers do, her daughter started to fuss, and she began to nurse her. My son was trying to climb up in her lap while the baby was nursing, and I kept moving him away. Finally he made it known that he wanted to nurse too... at which point I see the other woman's eyebrows go up. I could read it all over her face; the realization that yes indeed, he was really mine. Perhaps the assumption was strong enough this time to not warrant the requisit question about adoption. In any case, when my son started to crawl around on the floor again, she turned to her husband and said... "Doesn't he look like a miniture soandso (enter name here)" Then she turned to me and said, "He looks exactly like this guy we know, (enter name here); is that his dad?" Ok... so, not to point out the obvious here, but there are a lot of black men in North America!!!! The one black man that you know is not my son's father... I GUARANTEE IT!!!

No comments: